With your thoughts organized, it’s time to work out the design. You may want to design it yourself or hire an architect, but in either case discuss your ideas with a professional who can offer a fresh but experienced perspective. The Price Builders team offers a free design consultation as well as a free estimate.Contact us to set up an appointment and let the experts work for you.
Some elements to consider:
- Traffic patterns – Keep the flow of the home working smoothly.
- Privacy – Bedroom areas should be isolated from the general living areas of the house.
- The Sun – Where the sun rises can change the mood and feeling of a home.
- Heat gain – Design to maximize comfort and minimize bills.
- Ventilation – Be aware of the prevailing winds and make use of cross ventilation whenever possible.
- Noise – Put sleeping areas far from street or freeway noise and remember that kitchen, laundry and furnace areas produce noise which can be annoying when watching a movie or reading a book.
- Lighting – Different types of lighting (individually controlled) can give great flexibility to change the function or feeling of a room with the flip of a switch.
- Windows – In addition to important technical details (sound and light transmission, frame, exterior, venting and orientation) special features that can transform a room are window seats, bow or bay windows and “pop-out” windows.
- Fireplace – Always a good investment and a great feature for the living room, bedroom, family room or master bathroom.
- Entrance – When you entertain guests, the entry is their first impression, and it should be a great one.